Security is one of the most interesting parts, while you are developing any application. Many factors will affect your app such as secure API, hash algo and many more. I am sharing all the factors and how we can overcome them.
- Unsecured API communication : We are using many API’s to make application to provide good user experience. Unfortunately, we are sending all data in open phase and not using any data secure algo for that.
- Not Using resources Properly: Hacker or any developer decompile any app then they can easily get our API url . Just because we are not using resources properly.
- Code Security: On bases of code we are not using any guard or safety layer which can block decompiler to make same state of code.
- Not Using Google/Apple Security Sets: Each platform has its own security state and we are not using these features in our app. Like Sandbox, Safety, Google play security/ Apple byte desk and some others.
- Not Using Gradle/KeyChain properties: Sometimes such we are using gradle in android only to add more lib/gradle. But gradle can hold many things as per security level. Also, in IPA development we need to use keychain to secure data.
- Unstable Memory Management: Many times we are not checking app memory. It is a very big factor, as if our app hold large data in memory then hacker can crack it easily.
Reduce Risk Factors
- Google SafetyNet API/App Transport Security: To make the connection secure, we can use Google SafetyNet API . When you safeguard the data that you exchange between your app and other apps, or between your app and a website, you improve your app’s stability and protect the data that you send and receive. Also, same for ios App transport security
- Hashing Algo: Compile all data with Cipher type hashing algo. to make all data secure and same for server level.
- Resource Management: Instead of placing any key or passcode in constant file use resource files or keychain/gradle files.
- Guard of Code: In Android, we have to use proguard/dexguard to add a safeguard for code.
- Memory Management: Add proper login and session management to clear out all data from app memory. Also, it will increase user data security.
- SSL Pinning: To make a secure connection SSL connection is important so after GSI/ATS use SSL pinning to make app server communication more secure.